Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First night + Day in Taipei

After 17 hours in the air, finally I've reached the land of Taiwan. It was not enough that I was going to arrive late in the day but to add everything up my plane got delayed for almost another hour. I hurried to go through the immigration but luckily for me my luggage came up last among all the luggage.
 There were supposed to be people comming to pick me up from the Taipei International airport, thus it made me feel bad letting people to wait for me. When I came out from the gate I looked everywhere like a countrybumpkin, but I couldn't find anyone waiting for me. I tried to send a message to my conctact person (a staff member of the university) but the phone didn't allow me to. Because I cam so late during the day there was no place that sold  sim cards in the airpot, thus I had to go and exchange for some NT coins
           At the same moment that I finnished exchanging the money, I heard someone calling for my name and turned around I saw a guy in his twenties walking forward to me. That was the moment I felt a sign of relief. We talked a lot during the was back from the airport to hotel where I was supposed to stay during the  night before moving into the dorm. For my information there was supposed to be two other french students staying in the same room as me, but because they arrived earlier when I checked into the hotel and went up to the eight floor( where our room lies) I couldn't see anyone (guess they were sleeping).
           As scatterbrained as I am, I couldn't find my armless cardigan which had my cellphone and a watch inside its pocket. I had to search for it everywhere but still I couldn't find it. At the same time I went to bed, I found it on a sofa right ifront of my eyes.. =_=''

For now I'm waiting for the other two students to wake up so we can go and eat our breakfast. Hopefully we can get along well.
Gambatte!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ann Fighting!!!!!! :D You have to update your blog often now as I'm gonna follow it like a stalker! :D // Phuong

    ReplyDelete