Friday, September 3, 2010

Many first times!!

Since the first day I arrived to Taipei, there has been a lot of first time trying on different activities and foods! Walking more than 4-5 hours each day (long distances) in the past 3 days
Mountain hiking for today.
Trying new kind of foods.. etc
Washing cloths by hand (large amount)
Visiting natural hotsprings (in Xinbeitou - Guided by a local person + volunteer- Gary)
Visit an ecological library (g20 project)

Hmm..I had so much that I wanted to tell but appearently I forgot everything,.........
Oh Yesterday we ( me and a volunteer - Jessica) went to Shilin night market - there I succesfully bought 2 pairs of shoes, one pair shorts 4 tops which give an opportunity to survive 2 more days without having to wash my cloths.

We also visited Xinbeitou today; a place in Taipei where they have a lot of hot spring hotels, they also have a Japanese builded Tatami house which where the first hotspring hotel in Taiwan lie.
The one guided us was Gary who has a lot of knowledge about the Taiwan-Japan history. Got to learn a lot of stuff. I also ate a typicall Taiwanese shaved ice with four kind of taste up on top.

Finally today 4 of my 7 roomates moved in to the dorm, but I've only got chance to meet two of them - Cherry and Judy nice freshmen girls with major in English, so they said that I was a good practice object for them...(ok not really object object but you know what I mean right?)
Also, I talked with my parents and brother's family on Yahoo today! it was nice to see them all at my parents' house.

No comments:

Post a Comment